Sunday, February 5, 2012

Amore

With Valentines being just around the corner, it's hard not to get caught up in the whole Amore thing.  It also gets me thinking, what is love?  What does it mean to love someone, weather it be your parents, your family, your neighbors, your spouses, your children...the list goes on and on.  How do we know what love is?

The Webster's Dictionary says that love is:  strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties <maternal love for a child> (2) : attraction based on sexual desire : affection and tenderness felt by lovers.

I tell my husband every day that I love him.  I get butterflies when I know he is on his way home from school.  I still swoon at his kisses and long for his arms to be around me.  I enjoy spending time with him more than anything else and when I am having a bad day, he is who I want to be with me and when I have a good day he is the one I want to share it with.  I feel he's my best friend, one that I can turn to for anything and everything.

But the question is, is this love?  The only way to find out is to study, for the Bible tells us what love is and how to love, not just our spouse, but everyone.  Starting today, I plan on doing a research on how we are to love our neighbor, our family, our spouse and our children and sharing that with you.  I can't promise that I will have something to say daily, for sometimes the research is going to take a day or two to figure out.  My goal in all of this is not just to get the real definition of love, but to be able to love my husband, my children, my family and my neighbors not the best I know how, but the way that God wants me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment