Wednesday, January 11, 2012

First of many

Jeremiah 29:11-13
     For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.     Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.     And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

For some time now, these verses have been popping up everywhere I go.  Each time they pop up, a new lesson is taught to me, either it be a lesson in life, a lesson in parenting, or a lesson in faith.  Each lesson brings me back to this, for each lesson is pointing me towards the plans that God has for me.  He has a plan for me, a plan that only I can do, as He has a plan for you, one that only you can do.

I know that one of the plans God has for me is to let others know what I have learned.  I have pondered on this and wondered how is someone like me, shy to speak but with a lot to say, going to tell anyone anything, especially if what I have to say is more than likely going to offend them.  When I even think about talking to someone my mouth goes dry, my face goes numb, my heart races with fear, and I then shamefully hang my head and walk the other way.  I am not ashamed of God, nor am I ashamed of His Word, but I am not a good speaker, and so shy that most see me as stuck up at first meeting.  (Thank you God for putting Steven in my life to help me with this, for if not for him, I would surly be alone in this life)

This brought me to Exodus 4: 10-16.  This is where Moses questions God of His reasoning for chooseing him to speak to Pharaoh to let His people go.  I to question God, why me, why have me speak when I am so scared.  God answered Moses this:  "Who has made man's mouth?  Or who makes the mute, the deaf, the seeing, or the blind?  Have not I, the Lord?"  Knowing that God will speak through me should embold me, but I have a long way to go.  My faith is still too shy.  However, if God allowed Aaron to be spokesman for Moses, there must be a way that I too can still do what God has planned.  That's when I remembered God put technology in man's mind to create, so why can not this technology be my Aaron?  Why can't I use what resources God has given me to further His plan?

That is why today I have started this blog.  This blog will be my Aaron in telling others of the lessons I have learned, in hopes that even one of them falls on the ears of one who needs to hear of God's love and mercy.  If only one soul may be saved, then all is worth the cost.  If one person is brought closser to hearing the Good News, then all is worth the cost.  I can't promise that one of my hard learned lessons isn't going to offend someone, for I'm sure that it will, and I'm sure that some who I once called friend, will soon call me enemy.  That is the price to pay to reveal God's truth, for man, including me at my best, does not want to hear the truth, but the truth is the only way.  God's way is the only way, and I can only pray that He uses me to help spread His word, that He uses me to help show others His love, and that my ears remain open so that I can hear only His words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment